Hello, new to forum but not Scouts

Hello everyone. I am a busy, but very proud mother of 5 great scout kids. Our family pretty much revolves around scouts. This year we will be doing scouts 3-4 nights a week, not counting weekends (which usually involves some scout outting). My husband and I are both very involved. I was a girl scout for 12 years, my husband a cub scout (but can't remember for how long).

Our oldest daughter is a caddette girl scout and starting her 8th year in girl scouts and show no signs of quitting (since this is the age more girls drop). Our second daughter is a junior girl scout, starting her 6th year. Our oldest son started as a tiger and is now a first year webelos. second son was a tiger, now a wolf. Our youngest son is only 4, but already knows the cub scout sign, salute, promise, and law of the pack. And he can recite them louder than any boy in our pack.

Our girls were involved in their troop just fine, while I became the tiger leader w/ our oldest son and have continued w/ him. My husband became a tiger leader with our next son and has continued. Last June the girl scout troop announced it was to big w/ too many levels for one leader & it would be better to split into smaller troops per levels, but there was no one to take on the juniors. So of course I volunteered. During this year, our oldest caddette's leader was having to moved and asked if I could take over the small group of 5. Of course I said yes. Also this year our Cubmaster was crossing over to boy scout with his youngest. Guess who was asked to take over? You guessed it. Of course I said yes.

So you must think I'm a stay at home mom. Wrong. I have been working full time in the child care field. Yes I love being around kids. I was also currently asked to take on as treasurer for our girl scout service area. You know the answer. However my husband has his owe share. We are both booster members at the elementary 3 of our kids attend. He's very involved, and is there everyday. He helps with the student store, and runs movie nights. And don't think the kids stop at scouts. They are also active at church.

Between scouts, school, and church, our family easily puts in 100+ hours of volunteer time per month. But no one is complaining. We love it.