New member introduction, Dunwoody Georgia

Greetings all,

I'm Brian LaRose, ScoutMaster of 764 in Dunwoody Georgia. I have been active on other scouter forums that had very low volume discussions and finally found this one where all the activity is. I have been the SM of 764 since August of 2007, so the SM thing is new, and growing on me. I'm an old scout -- grew up in Troop 59 in Knoxville TN, Eagle Scout, OA member and then worked thru the cub program with my boys until reaching 764.

Glad to have found this place and all the postiive things going on here. We have been having a wonderful time with the boys and have lots of great things going on.

Brian LaRose

ScoutMaster

Troop 764

Dunwoody GA

We do have several troops from Dunwoody (just north of Atlanta) and we have some people who frequent here as well. Some of them are in our troop, and some of them in neighboring troops.

As far as Philmont goes, we are sending crews there every couple years but that wasn't me there last year. We HAD a crew there, but I don't know the trek they took. Might have been our lads though... We also do Seabase and Northern Tier -- we do a lot of high adventure.

We have 6 patrols, 73 Scouts in our Troop, just accepted 11 new cross overs from various webelos packs. Our troop has graduated 2 Eagles in the past year and we have several projects underway.

Brian(This message has been edited by BrianChevy)(This message has been edited by BrianChevy)

Brian,

Welcome to the virtual campfire!

Lotsa experienced scouters here. Great place to get ideas. Hope to hear your ideas as well. Sounds like you have a good deal of scouting experience as well!

Unrelated, how is the drought in that area? Have the recent rains filled up Lake Lanier?

Prof.