Adult Position Changes in Troop

Does anyone know what the offical procedure is for changing an adult leaders position code? I think the only way to do it to change it at Charter time and have it approved with the Charter OR have the adult fill out a fresh application for the position, even within the same troop.

What say you?

I have always understood that you could accomplish this by submitting a new adult membership application with the new code. I would also write across the top in the margin "change of position."

When I changed from Committee Member to ASM, the council expected a new, completely filled out application, complete with COR and CC signatures. We complied, and again when I stepped up to SM (and the SM stepped down to ASM with an accompanying, signed application).

At recharter time you can swap positions around as part of the process.

The rest of the year, even one day after the charter is turned in, ... new, complete Adult Leader app.

In other words, what eisely and BuffaloSkipper said.

The previous posts are correct - submit an adult applicatiion to change positions, if its not close to recharter time.

The only thing I would add is make sure you do not use and old application. The newer ones have a new page with the Disclosure/Authorization Form. Your application will not be processed without this form filled out and signed by the applicant.