Greetings from Braintree, Massachusetts!

I had touched upon this site before but really got into it recently through following a discussion thread on the campaign hat (love the campaign hat, I wear one). I decided to take the plunge and sign on.

Ive been Assistant Cubmaster for Pack 22 here in Braintree since May 2007. My oldest son joined as a Wolf and I had been involved with the Pack as a helpful parent prior to the Assistant Cubmaster role. My oldest is a Webelos II now and will cross over this May but my other son will be coming in as a Tiger at that point (hes excited about it). Im planning to be his Den Leader as well and hope to bring him through to the Troop five years from now.

I must confess to the dual pleasure of striving to be a role model to my son and his friends as well as getting a lot of personal enjoyment and fulfillment. I was a scout for a few years back in the late 60s but unfortunately didnt get very far. Now Im re-learning the scouting ropes and the knots!

I see that there is other Braintree representation here, including our own Troop 22. Hello!

Ive followed a lot of interesting discussions here; hopefully Ill be able to make a contribution at some point.

YIS

Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome back to scouting. Many of us here get a lot of personal enjoyment and fulfillment out of scouting. Even after our sons make Eagle, age out, or otherwise leave scouting, many of us stay on to help out where we can--not to mention all the interesting individuals we meet through these discussions. Hope you have fun here!