Hellow all. New to this forum but not to Scouting. Currently serving (after a six year time out) as a District Commissioner. Both sons away to school just me and the missis at home now and since I don't quilt, scrapbook or saw, I had to find something for me to do. Retired from the US Navy 6 years ago, work for a Chemical COmpany here in Texas. Have been a Den Leader, Asst. Den Leader, Asst Cubmaster, Asst Scoutmanster, Scoutmaster, District Commissioner,O/A member, a bound and bonded Bobwhite and a Navy Chief Petty Officer. Served two tours over seas, where the majority of my Scouting was done, Iceland and Sicily. The other state side sites were North and South Carolina. Served two tours with the Marines made two cruises and woork as a Aviation Storekepper. Love Scouting and what a difference it can make not only in a boys life but the life of the entire family. Its almost as good as Church. My Distric has in my opinion same areas that need attention and I have established my goals to fix or try to fix some of those areas. While I support the goal of increasing boy membership, I feel we have neglected the just as important issue of adult leadership. This is an area I feel National should be very concerned over. OK, enough about me. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day. Your friend in Scouting Mike,