ideadoc writes:People make the assumption that because I favor the tradition of local names I also favor not teaching the NYLT syllabus in its totality and in the order it is written. Both of these things are stated as requirements to deliver NYLT and I am not linking having a local name with disregarding the rules.Nor am I. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm certainly not making that assumption about you or any other commenter in this thread.

Whether or not you (or anyone else) breaks the rules is up to you to decide. All I'm saying is that the new syllabus (according to the thread I mentioned) says local names will not be allowed in 2009. I also said when I signed to be a trainer, I agreed to teach the syllabus as written.

I've said nothing about how anyone's else's interpretation (rationalization?) of those two requirements constitutes either adherence to the rules or breaking of the rules.

Again, that's for you to decide -- but at least you know what the rules are. No one (at least no one in this thread) can claim ignorance of the rules as a reason for not following them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred,

Understand you are doing what you do very well: Communicate what others have written to a broader audience.

In saying the below, I address whatever good idea Professional at National came up with this one:

Limiting the name of the youth leader training course to an unpronounceable acronym falls well inside the Forrest Gump boundary of "Stupid is as stupid does."