Unfair Demands On Boy Scouts

I think it's

1) great that the Stategovdot had a change of heart (even if forced by the higher ups)

2) a neat Scout Presence

3) a creative service to the public, kinda like the local church that has a "FREE CAR WASH" with perky kids holding signs out by the road to attract dirty cars in to the lot, "donations accepted" buckets on the side of the lot.

4) a kinda sideways fundraiser (?fundraising permit? Donations vs service/product sale? sell popcorn?)

5) good, facilitating social interaction with John Q. Public and Billy Scout

6) publicity for Scouting (good=Scouts serving public, good=big, mean, beauracracy treats Scouts poorly)

7) Scouts staying up late, not that any of them would want to stay up all night, oh no...

8) important to think healthy, have skim milk to put in your coffee

9) best to buy "Fair Trade Coffee"

10) time to go home.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad to see traditions like this end, because it shuts down one more opportunity to see Boy Scouts doing good. As a Scouter, though, I understand that changing attitudes on liabilities and such tend to restrict what we can do as an organization. This is why we have many of the training modules that we do, and that is why the list of "acceptable" activities for Scouts continues to change and evolve.

I am also glad to see that cooler heads prevailed in this instance.(This message has been edited by sherminator505)