Yup...I finally stopped thinking about things I wanted and could do and finally signed up so that I can do them. I am now an Outdoor Ed. Minor (scary huh) and will be taking a minimum of 15 credit hours in classes such as Wilderness First Responder and Environmental Education. I can also take far more then 15 if I want to and take classes such as program management and rock climbing (not sure about that one). Anyways, wish me luck guys...I most likely will need it!

Congratulations, now the work begins. There's a similar program at Brevard College (one of my favorite places in the world). It's called Wilderness Leadership and Experiential Education (WLEE). And the students are referred to as Willies. From my observations the only thing you need to be careful of is testosterone poisoning in the males. I once noticed a gathering of Willies on a cold January day and went over to see what the excitement was. One of them had been walking a tight rope barefoot (most of them go barefoot most of the time) and he had slipped wrenching one his toes badly. I say badly and I mean it...the toe had been turned back so violently that it had burst the joint capsule and the interior of the joint was completely exposed and easily visible. The others were admiring it saying things like, "Awesome!"

I took photos. It was, well, awesome. I think he recovered though and probably had ample opportunity to continue to do stupid things. Ahhh, the arrogance of youth...completely wasted on young people. :)

WildernesStudent I manage an Outdoor Ed Centre near Byron Bay in Australia. Let me know if you venture down under for work or play. May be able to get you some bush experience.

Welcome to the inductry - it's great fun but the pay is rotten!