After a 13 year gap I'm back into Scouting!

Hey everyone...

Just recently I signed my son up for TigerCubs. That was November! Now I'm A tigercub leader, an Assistant CubMaster, and the webmaster of www.cspack378.org. I left Scouting at the age of 16 (didn't get my Eagle, only life!) But I spent many years on Staff for Summer and Winter camps, been to Philmont twice and now I'm back into Scouts like I never left. The funny thing is my MOM of all people is my assistant den leader! (She still has her Class-A shirt and her patch says DEN MOTHER on it). See was my Den Leader LOL. GO FIGURE! Just wanted to say HI to everybody because I am new to the Forum and hope to add as much as possible!!!!

Welcome to the forum, Pack! We refer to this as our virtual campfire, so pull up a log and pour yourself a cuppa joe (or bug juice). We have many and varied opinions here, so jump right in whenever you find an opening!

I got back into Scouting much the same way you did. Got my Eagle in 1970, got married in 1975 and in 1978 hatched my first son. As soon as he was old enough we went to "school night for scouting" and signed up. The guy from District there actually said..."we need den leaders and it's only one hour a week"...I had to laugh out loud!

Just be careful you don't bite off too much at first and burn out...enjoy the journey with your new Tiger! Laissez les bon temps roullez!