Yah result1,

Not every program is for every family, eh? I think both you and the SM/CC recognize that the troop hasn't been a "good fit" for either side.

Lots of other great programs for kids out there. Other troops, other groups like CAP, other activities. I hope yeh find one that's a good experience for your boy and your family.

Very best,

Beavah

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read through all of the postings and if I am repeating myself...just ignore this.

Yes...Scouts should pay even if they are not present, if absenteeism continues you have to set some guide lines. We after 60 days do not allow them to camp or advance(by not allowing to advance we restrict giving them their rank, merit badge etc usually they are not working anyway). After 90 days they have to meet with the committee to discuss why they should remain in Scouting and why we should allow them to continue. They need to explain why missing and not partisipating should be exceptable. If you don't practice how can you expect to play in the big game?

The Scout also can not apply any fund raising money to his account untill his dues obligation is current.

The books should be open to all in the troop...if you are using Troop Ledger reports can be generated so each member of the committee will have one. They can see where all monies go and how or where it has been routed.

You may elect to limit each individual scout to just the scouts family, which is in my opinion a good idea. Bottom line is trust.

At the end of each year the Treasurer, Committee Chairman, Scoutmaster, and if you can a private accountant (volunteer) should audit the books, or at least have some sort of review to let everyone know how everything is being done and accounted for.

Fund raiser money has to be deicded before the fund raiser not after, this causes to much argument sometimes and some un-fairness. You (the committee, the Scoutmaster, and the PLC) should have pre-determined where and how this fund raiser money should be divided or targeted.

As fundraising chairm...it is the responsibility to keep track of:

Who, What, Where, When, and How Much.

edited by

Eagle Foot