Eagle Scout earns all merit badges, NPR story

There is a good article on public radio this morning about a Boy Scout who earned all the available merit badges. The audio will be available later today. Transcripts will be available at some point.

BOY SCOUT BADGES

Audio for this story will be available at approx. 1:00 p.m. ET

Weekend Edition Sunday, March 4, 2007 18-year old Eagle Scout James Calderwood of Chevy Chase Maryland has earned all 122 Boy Scout merit badges. He explains to Host Liane Hansen how he managed to become an expert on everything from fly fishing to nuclear medicine. (2:58)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7706158

I heard it this morning. Good story, and a rare thing. I haven't heard of a scout doing this in a few years and from my understanding there have been less then 100 scouts to ever earn all available MBs. OF course, National doesn't track this, though this scout may garner an article in Boys' Life. I recall such an article when I was a scout about two brothers who had earned all the MBs of that time period.

SSScout,

Thanks for posting that article. It is great! I'm going to print it out and give a copy to each of our scouts.

If anyone else sees such a good article about scouts and scouting, please post it here. I'd like to read it.

Have fun Scouting!