And Pesach begins tomorrow!

Say, what do y'all have for dinner on Easter? I mentioned to my boss that we always have lamb with mint jelly and she looked at like me like I had gerbils crawling out of my ears! To my family, that is traditional!

Lamb is normally what we serve at Easter, but with mint sauce not that yucky sweet jelly.

Easter back home in England, seems to hold memories of being very cold and wet.

Easter weekend is a long holiday as Good Friday and Easter Monday are both holidays, I like the way we pair up holidays Christmas Day and Boxing day are together.

Rory is really enjoying spring, he loves the muddy puddles, which isn't doing the celery green carpet a lot of good. Chasing robins is such hard work and the rabbits don't play fair.

OJ got the tractor running and is starting to give the grass it's spring hair cut.

Half the Sea Scouts are off to Disney in Florida in the next week or with the HS marching band.

I think we have a bigger crop of wild daffodils and dandelions than last year.

I swear I seen the start of blossoms on the pear trees. I can't wait for the dogwood to bloom.

The yard is a bit of a mess we seem to have whatever you call the green bean looking things from the Toby trees everywhere.

OJ, will stop moaning and groaning about having to eat fish on Fridays.

At Mass on Easter Sunday, we have the opportunity of renewing the vows that were made for us when we were Baptized.

OJ, will be 18 in July, but Her Who Must Be Obeyed still makes him an Easter basket. I steal all the malted eggs!!

The school year is almost over and the kids start to count the days till summer.

Summer is the best time to be a boy.

But Spring is a wonderful time for a man and his dog.

Thanks for your Easter blessing - Lord knows I need all the blessing I can get.

Easter is about new life, new beginnings,many of the Scoutmasters will have a new group of Scouts to work with before you try and whip these new Lads into shape take some time to watch the young animals out playing. They know have to have fun.

Eamonn.

My son still favors the Easter "goodies" but personally, I look forward each year to attending Sunrise Service! It is a tradition in our family. Wherever we are (usually visiting family out of town) we make a point to join in the community or church Sunrise Service. It is a lovely and blessed time - like a fresh start, a welcome sign of Spring, watching the sun rise as we sing beautiful hymns and hear an inspiring word.

clydesdale115

When I lived in the country, I marveled at the newborn lambs in the springtime. The were so white, so fresh, so full of hope. It is not surprising that Christianity adopted the lamb as a potent symbol of life and the renewal of life.

You are right, watching the sun rise on a beautiful spring morning seems to wash away the weariness and infuse us with fresh hope for life. Whether done in congregation, with a few loved ones, or in solitary contemplation, this experience can remind us all of the deeper meaning of reverence.