New to the site, Old to Scouting

After taking a 10 year "vacation" from Scouting I have return with my boys.

I have received an Arrow of Light and Eagle Scout with four palms. I am also a Brotherhood memeber of the Order of the Arrow.

My boys are now starting on their trail with wide-eyed excitment.

Wow a ten year vacation - I got ten days at the Jamboree!! (OK, So I loved every minute of it and got to meet Hops and Bob White - two great guys.)

Welcome to the Forum.

There's room for everyone in this world,

everyone make some room.

Love given freely can spare this world,

let friendly feelings bloom!

Just give an inch, give a yard, never flinch

when the time comes to offer a hand,

and let's all make sure

we give everyone somewhere to stand,

just the way God planned it,

just the way God planned.

Eamonn.

Welcome fellow Californian,

California Inland Empire, Tahquitz District, I spent a fair amount of time around Lake Elsinore back when I was skinny and still had hair. (A long, long time ago!) I'm up on the Central Coast in Santa Maria, CA Los Padres Council, Live Oak District.

Are your boys just starting in Cub Scouts, as in they are twins? My twins are 23 now and one is getting married on Labor Day.

Yours Truly in Scouting,

Rick Pushies

805-925-9144

To answer Rick's Question (Are your boys just starting in Cub Scouts, as in they are twins?): no. One will be starting Tiger Cubs while the other will be a Bear Scout.

Due to the fact that we live in the "middle of nowhere" and that the children were home schooled, we never got a straight answer as to how to start them in the Cub Scout program. This year they will enter into a school that has Cub Scouts. To prevent this future confusion with home schooled parents, my wife is actively recruiting home schoolers.