What are some non-monetary or inexpensive incentives that can be used to motivate Scouts or patrols.

I have seen the following and was looking for more ideas

1) Pie in the face of SM

2) Adults do patrols dishes for a camping trip.

3) Haircut or shave head.

4) Candy bar(s) or snack(s) for a reward

Anyone else have any others?

Well, let's see... our (male) SM has promised for the past couple of years that if EVERY SCOUT sells at least $50 worth of popcorn (a very do-able goal), he'd wear a pink tutu to all scouting events in December. So far, he hasn't had to pay up....

For bringing a friend to a meeting, and for finding old Scout uniform shirts, the coin of the realm in our Troop is Reeses Cups!

If the visitor actually registers, the entire Patrol gets an additional Reeses Cup because making a newcomer feel welcome is really a group effort.

In addition to the Reeses Cups we give out BSA recruiter badges, of course: the rectangular recruiter strip for 1 new Scout, the old 3" circular recruiter badge for a total of 2 new Scouts, the new 3" circular recruiter badge for 3 new Scouts, and a Patrol Leader Badge for 4 or more new Scouts.

Some troops give out, as incentives, unrelated old temporary badges (which can practically be bought by the pound at Scouting memorabilia trading shows).

We also pay $10 for used uniform shirts, but I think the real motivation is the Reeses Cups :-/

Kudu

fishing lures and tackle, books on camping and outdoor cooking, home made neckerchief slides, frisbees, certificates and recognitions, Scouting collectibles, lexan vittle kits, waterproof matches, firestarters, sewing kits, small flashlights, walking sticks,...

I had a 'bonus box' that I kept stocked with patches (other CSPs, etc.), candy and packaged snacks, odd stuff I'd find in clearance bins and at dollar stores, etc. I also asked other adults to contribute stuff when they ran across it.

Stuff has included: Small green 'Scout' army men (Oriental Trading Company/Nobbies), compasses, caps, T-shirts, carabiner key rings, small flashlights (favorites!), light sticks, jerky (another big hit!), keychains, notepads, pens, bandanas, mini-tool kits...

We used it for contest and contest prizes, etc. The standard bit was the top prize was something cool (from the box or not), 2nd place was your choice from the box, 3rd place was my choice from the box.