Hey everybody, I'm involved with my son's boy scout troop in northern michigan. He's 11 and a first year scout. Camp is in a week and we're really excited, I get to go too!!!! All for now, more later. Just wanted to introduce myself and say, "hi".

Jamie - Welcome to the campfire! My son would not let me go to camp with him last year - he wanted his freedom to roam. A bit of advise, if I may, for you - give him his space, avoid helping him with ANYTHING if possible, bring a chair to watch the scouts do thier stuff, and avoid being a parent this week. Don't base your assessment of the experience on advancements or merit badges your son earns but on his experience as part of the partol and troop. Good Luck and hope the heat doesn't bite you too much.

Hi Jamie,

Have fun at camp. Maybe they'll have training there that you can take as well. Lot's of our adults at summer camp do this.

Welcome to the forum.

DonM

Thanks everybody!! I'm really looking forward to camp next week! Stocking up on bug spray and sunscreen. Looks like the weather might hold out for us even!! Thanks for all the well-wishes, my son is so excited about going this summer!! It will actually be his first summer camp experience, and yes, I'm going to be laying low with him so as to not mess up his first experience. Will be lots of fun!!!!