Reality TV competition for "most preachy Scoutmaster speeches?"

Ditto for "worst roundtable."

Both could include a "You're Fired" component.

Seriously, should include reruns of "The Brian Keith Show." Great show, made in Hawai'i, about kids, one whom was a Scout.

Not to change the subject but.......

Some little time back a Scouter from Denmark posted that he wanted to write an article on a American Boy Scout. OJ said he was interested.

Things got slowed down a little due to a computer not working somewhere. Anyway OJ came out a couple of days back with his answers to the questions the Danish Scouter had asked. I looked it over and looked up OJ was shaking his head with a pitiful look in his eye. He took his laptop from me and said "You know Dad my history report was only 1,000 words, this is 1,600!! It's not fair!"

Eamonn.

Ed, What ever happened to that show on Sunday morning? It was on WB22 wasn't it?

Eamonn,

Yeah it was on 22. Eddie Edwards has been a big BSA supporter. It was supported by GPC. I've been going to early church (there by 7 AM) so I haven't noticed if it was still on. It was a decent show. They might have run out of ideas.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

I would like to see Disney do a program for a one hour show per week. It would be more for Scouts than adults. The basic setting would be an eight member Patrol meeting in the garage of the P.L. They would start with an old garage full of junk. They would obtain permission to clean it up and to build Patrol furniture. They would struggle choosing their name, song, motto, and flag. They would plan and go on hikes, overnighters, and other fun activities. They would be connected to Troop 1 but we would never see the Troop meeting. The Patrol Leader would go to a P.L.C. and interact with five other P.L.s. Problems would occur among the Patrol members and discipline would be meted out accordingly and by the Book. The SM would be around occasionally and so would M.C.'s and/or adults to help with the support systems. The patrol would even plan to go to Philmont for a five segment special, two days per hour. Scouts would teach other Scouts how to tie knots, pack for camp and use proper safety precautions.

One day while cleaning out the garage the Patrol discovers an old book and finds that they had an indirect linage (history) with another Patrol years before. One of their Grandfathers was the PL of a patrol of the same name in the fifties. They invite Gramps to retell some stories from the good ol days for one meeting. This meeting becomes a "flash back' to a time of excitement and wonder for Scouts. Several segments are spent in retelling how the old Patrol had used that very garage for many different activities. One of Gramps brothers was the Patrol Historian and it was him who had written the diary. There were also pictures (that turn into shows) of distant times and places. This leads the Patrol on to communicate with Gramps Brother after they find him.

They hear that the brother had been to the 1950 Jamboree and had written a book with several other Scouts about their experiences. Several more segments take the Scouts into the Jamboree. Of course they meet some of the other authors and this leads their investigation right on back to 1910.

FB