Sorta new to forums- been here several years ago (when the just started the great magazine they had for several issues) but been away for a while.

As a youth, I was in from 1966 (Bobcat) to 1975 (made Eagle), never hit Philmont, served most youth jobs. Belonged to 2 Explorer posts- a high adventure/general purpose one and a career-oriented unit based at the local zoo.

When my son was old enough, we entred him in Tigers and I became the Assistant Cubmaster under a guy I used to be Senior Patrol Leader over! Served as a Cub leader in several roles, including roundtable and training chair. Went to one of the last 'old-style' Cub Leader Training Wood Badges (Antelopes!)When he crossed over to Boy Scouts, I crossed with him and even got to serve briefly as a Scoutmaster.

He got bored with the troop (too much planning too little action, boring merit badge classes... you've all heard it before) and my health deteriorated some. We dropped out.

He has no regrets, but I am looking forward to getting my health back in oprder and rejoining- possibly as a commissioner or trainer.

Pleased to meet all of you!

Welcome to the land of talk and plenty of it. We can always use another hand around the fire. Throw back and join in. Don't sit on that log over here though. One guy got bit by some kind of stingy thing yesterday, so we have been avoiding it. He put up a yell but he is ok now. Somebody rubbed a little salve on it and now he is sitting up and talking like nothing ever happened. I guess one never knows what might come around and bite ya where it hurts the most. We just try to be prepared.

FB