Local YPT rules vs National

Hello from a new member.

Our local council (Orange County) instituted a rule that all adult volunteers need to complete YPT training every year so that the training is valid throughout the entire year of registration. Prior to this change the council went along with the national rule of YPT good for two years. I am wondering if this YPT renewal every year rule is in place in other councils or if it is unique to Orange County.

3 hours ago, Val said:

I am wondering if this YPT renewal every year rule is in place in other councils or if it is unique to Orange County.

good evening @Val. Local Councils or even local units can add additional requirements. The Pack I used to be in for example had the same rule to have to redo YPT every year to make sure you'd always be current and up to date with any changes. Also, part of the CSA settlement is to implement an annual YPT refresher training which could also be that your Council decided to roll that out in the current form by itself already..

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, HashTagScouts said:

YPT will need to be done every year by every volunteer going forward, it will no longer have a two year expiration. 

Not the worst thing in the world. It's not like it's too difficult to complete. I know it has been suggested to our council that all unregistered parents who attend C/P weekends must have YPT as well. Easy to say, harder to enforce.