Garfield (Cartoon Cat) & Scouting

I recently bought some used pins online featuring Garfield (the orange tabby cat) wearing a Cub Scout uniform. My plan is to use them for awards at Pack meetings when we have Den competitions ~ the winning Den can add a pin to their flag. Searching eBay for scout pins sparked a bit of nostalgia for me, since I remember Garfield from the comic strip and his Saturday morning cartoon show on CBS.

Best I can tell, the BSA has used Garfield-branched merch on at least 3 separate occasions:

• 1978: They produced a set of pins with Garfield (this was also the first year the comic strip went into syndication)
  • 1989: The BSA releases another set of Garfield pins for the 1989 National Jamboree
  • 1999: Garfield is featured in a variety of promotional materials, including pins, pens, and stuffed animals

Does anyone know of other instances where Garfield has been used to promote the BSA?

What about other cartoons or co-branded merch?

2 hours ago, BetterWithCheddar said:

I recently bought some used pins online featuring Garfield (the orange tabby cat) wearing a Cub Scout uniform. My plan is to use them for awards at Pack meetings when we have Den competitions ~ the winning Den can add a pin to their flag. Searching eBay for scout pins sparked a bit of nostalgia for me, since I remember Garfield from the comic strip and his Saturday morning cartoon show on CBS.

Best I can tell, the BSA has used Garfield-branched merch on at least 3 separate occasions:

• 1978: They produced a set of pins with Garfield (this was also the first year the comic strip went into syndication)
  • 1989: The BSA releases another set of Garfield pins for the 1989 National Jamboree
  • 1999: Garfield is featured in a variety of promotional materials, including pins, pens, and stuffed animals

Does anyone know of other instances where Garfield has been used to promote the BSA?

What about other cartoons or co-branded merch?

Just so you know, I interviewed Garfield and he was only in scouting for the lasagna. 

• Haha 2
On 10/21/2023 at 8:28 AM, yknot said:

Just so you know, I interviewed Garfield and he was only in scouting for the lasagna. 

I'm not kidding. All the scouting images are of his stunt double except for the weenie roast with Odie. He did that one because there was food.