Hi all,

I just stumbled across Scouter network and have been "lurking" for the past 3 hours (it's getting late!) I'm excited to be here and as soon as I get the nerve, I may even participate in some of the discussions - there are some pretty heated ones going on out there!!

Anyway, I am a mom of 3 boys - a Bear, a Tiger, and a barely-one-year-old. I stepped in as Wolf den leader last year when most of our menfolk (and all den leaders) deployed to Afghanistan. I am a Bear DL this year and LOVE it! My husband is a Tiger DL. Instead of moving on to Web 1, he and I are going to co-lead (that should be interesting!) a Wolf den until he deploys again.

In a million years, I would have NEVER seen myself involved in Cub Scouting - my boys, yes, but not me. Now, I can't imagine not being involved, as it has become such an important part of our family.

howdy, watch out this scouting stuff is addictive. I have received all the training available so far. Still need BALOO but our district offers it in the fall and I missed the last one. I registered for another districts course but the leader broke her foot and cancelled it. I am currently inbetween my Woodbadge weeks. So much fun.

lynn

Welcome to BSA Addicts Anonymous

Step Number One: We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.

Nah!!! It's manageable.

Welcome to the forum and the next 18+ years of your life...

We're glad you're here.

Welcome mythreesons!

I stumbled across here looking for gift suggestions for my son's Webelos II's den & I'm glad I did! Yes, it's a very rewarding experience! My son started as a Bear in Sept 2002 & on March 20th graduated from Webelos II to Boy Scouts & I was lucky enough to be the Assistant Den Leader! I've had great time watching the boys grow & learn & I've learned right along with them! Enjoy being part of a Scouting family! My daughter's in her 3rd year of Brownies & bridges to Juniors this June!

Judy