Pack Meeting Seating

Hello everyone. I have been reading all your posts for a couple months, but have recently been crowned Cubmaster. We've started our recruiting efforts and our recruiting night / pack meeting is at the end of September. I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you arrange your Cub Scouts for the first several minutes of the Pack meeting (opening, welcome/introductions). I like a giant semi-circle around the front of the room with each of our six dens sitting together in small groups (along the semi-circle line) on the floor with parents in chairs right behind. The semi-circle gives a large amount of floor space between the Cubmaster (front) and the line of seated scouts for presentations, scout songs/skits, etc.

What do you do?
Parents and siblings close by?
Kids seated on floor?

• Upvote 1

We had scouts skit by patrol.  Parents in the back.  Siblings tended to do their own things either with patrol or with parent.  

Sometimes we had the patrol flags and scouts sat by their patrol flag.  Usually a semi-circle.

I took over as Cubmaster last year and I have gotten away from the semi circle and have arranged the seating in a more rectangular pattern, a row of 6-8 chairs stage left and stage right and them two rows of chairs about 15 feet out from where we present. The Cubs are seated by Den, the siblings and parents sit directly behind. We meet in the school's gym/cafeteria and the parents last year liked to sit at the four tables that are left out from the after school kids net, the problem got to be that the parents would socialize even when the sign went up. Tables are off limits this year.  They now for Den exhibits and advancement material. 

I like the idea of having parents right up there with the dens (family scouting, parent involvement, etc.). Right now our kids sit on the floor with the parents in chairs right behind. I don't want to keep the kids down on the floor too long, so not sure if I'll move the kids to chairs or just leave them there.

My pack doesn't do songs, skits, or demonstrations. We'll be adding all of those in starting next month. Would love to have dens share more about what they've been doing, but getting some den leaders that have been around a few years to change isn't going to be easy. Maybe I'll start with my new den leaders (put up a table, ask them to bring in things) and just let it grow naturally from there.