Thought I would introduce myself to the forum. I am SM of a Troop in a small town in Iowa. Been a volunteer for 18 yrs. Had most of the jobs, CM, WL, ASM, Dist. Comm. Wood badge trained. I used to be a Fox and a Good Old Staffer too. Heading back to the Hill this summer for my 3rd Jambo. Any other Jambo Post Office types out there?

I forgot my most important Scout job, Eagle Dad, although my Scout is grown and out in the world.

YIS

Baden

Welcome Sir.

While Bears are the critter of choice, we do extend a friendly paw to our Fox pals.

In fact for the most part we all are a friendly bunch. You might have a problem if you are an ear-ring wearing, cell phoning, Scout pants lover!!

Of course I'm joking.

I'm sure with your history you will be a great asset to the forum.

Eamonn.

Welcome aboard. There are quite a few frequent posters to this forum and after a little monitoring you'll be able to see the hot buttons and get a feel for the personalities of most.

As Eamonn wrote, certain topics are sure to get a heated response - religion, ACLU, uniform, etc. but trust us Bears, you can't go wrong there!

When the old, scrawny bear went to the river and caught himself a fish, Uncle Eagle swooped down, took the fish from the bear's paws and left the bear with a paw-full of chive.

Eamonn, guess who's coming to Easter Dinner?

We'll work out the details by phone tomorrow evening.

Uncle Eagle -- eater of Guinea pigs. ;)

Unc.