Sir

If you are going to tell others in this forum that I don't know squat and have been rude to people in threads in which I didn't even post.

Please make the effort to get my name right.

It has two N'S not two M's

Eamonn

Eamonn, dear friend.

You owe us an apology. Please do not be so polite as to offer an honorific such as "sir" to one who does not deserve the honor. ;)

Thank you, Sir.

PS -- you know exactly whereof you speak. I for one, respect you deeply.

Your friend and cooker of your leg o' lamb for Easter 2005!

Unc.

Hi Eamonn,

I had a hard time understanding what BadenP was trying to say. I thought that he was trying to insult me with the fattest part of his post, but then he put me in the company of a couple old veterans like you and OGEwhich I take as a compliment. So I'm not sure what the guy is getting at. I'm not sure he has the foggiest idea either.

BW

Gee guys you have to devote a forum to me to take potshots, that is so sad. Bob, Unc, TP,Eamon, etc. if insulting me gives you your jollies go right ahead I can take it. I want to all to know I don't dislike any of you. In fact I was hoping we could exchange info and experiences, since most of you have been in scouting a long time. Something I said a long time ago apparently set all of you against me, hence that post stating "you guys don't know squat". I want you guys to know I really didn't mean it. I hope we could start over, but if you guys don't want to thats okay too. In either case thanks for devoting a forum to me, lol.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

"Something I said a long time ago apparently set all of you against me, hence that post stating "you guys don't know squat".I want you guys to know I really didn't mean it."

You publicly post personal attacks that you don't really mean? Why would a person do that?

"I hope we could start over, but if you guys don't want to thats okay too."

I can't speak for anyone else but if not starting over is okay with you, then it's fine with me too.

BadenP,

I fail to see if ever and when ever I have yet to insult you or take a "Potshot" at you.

To date I don't think I have ever stooped as low as to accuse you of not living by the Scout Law.I have never said that you don't know squat. I have never called you a Crybaby.

To be very honest I find you conduct absolutely appalling.

So far I have only squelched one person. I think that he has now gone in search of a wise Abbot and has a part time job herding cats on a very ancient bicycle.

Sir you have the honor of becoming the second person squelched by me.

I wish you no ill will I just no longer will waste my time on you.

Eamonn.

"Methinks you both doth protest too much."

I could show you both where you went out of your way to insult me. Frankly, I do not want to rehash the past and am willing to let bygones be bygones, but apparently neither of you are big enough to do the same, too bad. Well I won't lose any sleep over it. Looks to me like you two can dish it out but not take it. Maybe I was right after all.

BadenP:

Please take this message in the spirit in which I read yours (friendship offered.)

What you don't know is that there was a poster here in the not too distant future (long about February 2004) who came in and early in his posts (before he had posted much more than 10 times) he was insulting all forum members and lecturing us on what Scouting should be. Look up WHEELER in the search feature.

You came in in much the same way. Throwing around 3 years of experience as a BSA pro didn't help your case. Three years simply isn't that long, although it is a long enough time to become a Senior District Executive.

All I ask is that you extend your olive branch and I think you'll find it to be well received. Terms like Crybaby and "don't know squat" are inflamatory and will lead to verbal castigations.

It's okay to type them, but then click the "back" button on your browser without posting. When in doubt, don't post it.

Hope to hear from you, peacefully, in the future.

Unc.

Thanks, Boleta. I try to give good advice.

To all on the forum, one of the rules I try to follow is the axiom below:

IF YOU WOULDN'T SAY IT INTO AN OPEN MICROPHONE TO THE WORLD, THEN DON'T SAY IT HERE.

This is an open "mike" to the world.

Reagan learned the lesson the hard way. Learn it the easy way from him.

Fifteen hundred points (just like Who's Line) to anyone who understands the above reference.

Unc.

Like when on his saturday radio broadcast he said, the missiles are in the air? Not meaning to have that broadcoast?

PS

Ok, Pounder is much more accurate than I, but I had the gist, can I get 500 points? Alex? Johnny? Bob?(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Unc

Thanks for the olive branch, you show the true scouting spirit, and i accept and agree with you.

Bob and Eamonn, I'm sorry you guys feel the way you do, I hope you two might change your minds in the future as I really never meant to offend you two , and I bear no ill will to either of you.

TP- Man you gave me as many laughs as I gave you. You have a great sense of humor, Peace.