I'm so excited over something nice that happened to me & our unit.

I received an e-mail from my DE that I am one of three Cub Scout leaders who is being recognized "for making significant contributions to Cub Scouting" per our phone call follow up. What an honor this is, and what a surprise! There are corporate sponsors who are sending three units, one of them the pack I serve, to the Kimmel Center. Tickets are provided for each registered leader and Cub in the unit. This is so exciting to me. Nice things like this are special and don't happen a whole lot, so I wanted to share. I hope you don't think I'm bragging, for the reality is that I can't think of what I could have contributed. I simply love doing what I do...most days :) Thanks for letting me share my happy news!

Thank you all!

NJ, I don't know yet who the corporate sponsors are, but I certainly hope to learn that. A thank you note from the unit is very much in order, and unless it's one of those corporations that prefers to donate something quietly, I'll post a very public thank you too. This is generous indeed.

Laurie,

As you know I think very highly of you as a really nice person and as someone who is doing a great job for our kids. So far I haven't been able to entice you to join our District. Heck all you have to do is move and find new employment and new schools - It's not like I'm asking a lot!!

I am overjoyed that you have been selected. My hope is that it is a really memorable evening and that you have someone take photos so that you can treasure it for a long time.

I also have some good news I just found out that I will be presented with the International Scouter Award on Thursday at our recognition dinner. I think that I'm the first one ever in our Council.

Eamonn.

PS I hope they play the 1812 overture.

Thanks again. Your sharing in my happy news just makes it nicer and nicer :)

Eamonn, congratulations!! That is wonderful news, and from your posts and e-mails off the list, and from all that you have shared, I can't help but think you are very deserving of a special recognition. Who wonderful for you! By the way, I'm a real shutterbug, so I'm sure to have photos--and I'll pass the camera to someone else so I can get in them too :)

• 2 weeks later...