Mama Bear, there is peace in the valley (today)

Hi all, sorry it has taken so long to get this posted.  Last day of school was Wednesday, son fell and hurt his knee pretty bad playing basketball on Monday, mri tonight, other son, wellll, that's another story.

Son went to speak with SM on Monday after school.  SM was very pleased with son's work book and commented on all the detail.  Also spoke to him about his Livit for NYLT.  Son forgot to ask for a BOR for the Livit, so he still needs to do that.  Not sure when it can be done, this troop is pretty much DONE with meetings for the summer, have not had a meeting since mid April as well by the way.  Last meeting that I know of will be this Sunday.  Maybe he can have BOR for Livit then.

Now, all he needs to do is have his final blue card submitted to council which is turning into a fiasco as well. SM grabbed it from him on Monday after signing it.  Said he would take a picture of it with his phone and email to advancement chair, would be quicker this way.  I am not sure how, but that's what hubby told me.  I told him he never should have let the SM have the blue card, as he has lost 4 other of sons blues cards, 2 of them EAgles and this one is the FINAL EAgle needed before applicaiton.

SM told son to follow up with him to make sure he sent it to advancement chair.  Son did this in email and CC'd advancement chair on Wednesday.  Advancement chair sent a big, long, hairy dissertation on how "rude" it was of my son to be so demanding of SM and Advancement chair.  After all they are only volunteers.  He should ask "politely" and let them know what he needs.  What the what the???!!!

Any way, as it stands right now, SM has not sent it to advancement chair and now son sits in limbo wondering if the card is lost or not. sighhh..  Hubby thought ahead and photo copied the card front and back.  Son has blue card that SM signed (scout copy) and hubbe is going to photo copy this and shove it down (ahem, give it to advancement chair) on Sunday night at meeting. Hopefully, advancement chair can submit the card, he can do his application, get approved and wrap up the eagle soon.

Never a dull moment that is for sure.  I am just glad that there was no issue with SM signing the workbook is all, now all he needs is last blue card sent to council.

THE SAGA CONTINUES.............tune it to the next chapter.

Hi all, sorry it has taken so long to get this posted.  Last day of school was Wednesday, son fell and hurt his knee pretty bad playing basketball on Monday, mri tonight, other son, wellll, that's another story.

Son went to speak with SM on Monday after school.  SM was very pleased with son's work book and commented on all the detail.  Also spoke to him about his Livit for NYLT.  Son forgot to ask for a BOR for the Livit, so he still needs to do that.  Not sure when it can be done, this troop is pretty much DONE with meetings for the summer, have not had a meeting since mid April as well by the way.  Last meeting that I know of will be this Sunday.  Maybe he can have BOR for Livit then.

Now, all he needs to do is have his final blue card submitted to council which is turning into a fiasco as well. SM grabbed it from him on Monday after signing it.  Said he would take a picture of it with his phone and email to advancement chair, would be quicker this way.  I am not sure how, but that's what hubby told me.  I told him he never should have let the SM have the blue card, as he has lost 4 other of sons blues cards, 2 of them EAgles and this one is the FINAL EAgle needed before applicaiton.

SM told son to follow up with him to make sure he sent it to advancement chair.  Son did this in email and CC'd advancement chair on Wednesday.  Advancement chair sent a big, long, hairy dissertation on how "rude" it was of my son to be so demanding of SM and Advancement chair.  After all they are only volunteers.  He should ask "politely" and let them know what he needs.  What the what the???!!!

Any way, as it stands right now, SM has not sent it to advancement chair and now son sits in limbo wondering if the card is lost or not. sighhh..  Hubby thought ahead and photo copied the card front and back.  Son has blue card that SM signed (scout copy) and hubbe is going to photo copy this and shove it down (ahem, give it to advancement chair) on Sunday night at meeting. Hopefully, advancement chair can submit the card, he can do his application, get approved and wrap up the eagle soon.

Never a dull moment that is for sure.  I am just glad that there was no issue with SM signing the workbook is all, now all he needs is last blue card sent to council.

THE SAGA CONTINUES.............tune it to the next chapter.

"With all due respect, Mr. SM, I would prefer to turn in the card tomorrow.  Thank you for your signature.  If he won't give up the card at least get a photo copy of it.  That's the beauty of smartphones.

Thanks for the update!

.... Son has blue card that SM signed (scout copy) and hubbe is going to photo copy this and shove it down (ahem, give it to advancement chair) on Sunday night at meeting. Hopefully, advancement chair can submit the card, he can do his application, get approved and wrap up the eagle soon. ...

The scout copy is all the boy needs. If the troop drops the ball, turn it in with the application, say "the troop has the other half, you should get it soon."

But, probably, by the time the boy finishes the application and is ready for his SM's signature, the MB paperwork will make it through whatever bookkeeping system your troop has established.