I FFFFFEEEELLLLL GOOD! National Approved the Medal of Merit

As the title says,  I FFFFEEEELLLLL GOOD!  Got the email from my DE that the guy who pulled me out of the water not only got approved for the Medal of Merit, but it was in fact sitting on the DE's desk.

I so cannot wait fro the next troop Court of Honor. :D

Now the question is who should do the actual presentation, Victim #1, the Scout who I went in to assist but was assisted by the surfer, or me, Victim #2? :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Eagle, I'm happy that the effort to recognize above and beyond performance paid off!   And I'm glad you are still amongst the living!

Who should present?   Perhaps the scout or scouter who taught him the necessary skills (ie MB counselor from camp)?

Now the question is who should do the actual presentation, Victim #1, the Scout who I went in to assist but was assisted by the surfer, or me, Victim #2? :unsure:

Check with your DE. Sometimes council awards these at a coordinated meeting.

Anyway, if it is a unit CoR that kind of decision is up to your SPL. :p

Council is not doing anything special. In fact they are handing the package to me at RT.

Haven't told the SPL or PLC yet because A) I just literally found out today and B) by the time the package is handed to me, we will have a new PLC.

I did tell the SM and #1ASM because we were all waiting. Some ideas instead of waiting for the COH, is to present it at a church service saying we wanted to do a formal charter presentation. We'd tell the COR/CC what's really up, but leave the pastor out of the loop since he's getting the award.. Then surprise him with the award in front of the congregation.

But yes, the new PLC needs to decide.

Yah, nicely done @Eagle94-1.   Recognitions like this are a kindness, but also a great example to others.   Make a big public deal of it, eh?   It's worth celebratin', and it makes da example sing louder and farther.

Beavah

Oh, in case you haven't already, call your local paper. Especially if there was a reporter who covered the incident. I'm sure he/she'd love to follow-up at the awards ceremony.