The clock is ticking and soon our dear Man Of Steele will be starting in his new position.

I know that if he wasn't so far away I would be there to either help him load or unload the "Boxes". If I were helping him load there would be a tear in my eye. I feel sure that the Council he is leaving has lost a great pro.

If I were helping him unload I would be excited about getting not just an outstanding pro. But also such a nice fellow.

Dave does not need any luck in his new position. He will do a great job. Still I will say a little prayer for him and recite a few Irish toasts when I raise my glass.

My most sincere wish is that both He and the Lady Steele are happy.

Go get'em Dave.

Eamonn

It's good to see you back, Dave.

When you get to your new stomping grouds. Let us know. I have great Faith that you'll do a great job. You are one professional that really stands out from the rest. Give my regards to Mrs. Lady Steele.

Matua

(This message has been edited by matuawarrior)

I'll second all that Eamonn said :) I'd be happy to lend a hand and would also be looking forward to helping and meeting a new executive who would be considered a friend. Dave is just that kind of guy. So, a heartfelt ditto to Eamonn's post!

Eamonn -- sorry about flooding your inbox. That wasn't my intent. You're welcome for the private message.

To all:

Thank you for the warmth and regards. It is truly humbling to receive them, but I don't consider myself to be more than an average professional. Your own DE and office professionals and other staff are at least as dedicated and as good as I am. Please take the time to get to know them. It's worth their time and yours.

If you don't mind, please let me give one piece of advice to volunteers who want to keep their D.E. around -- actually, it's a request. Don't join in betting pools about how long they'll be in their job. I've seen and heard such things many times. Just ask yourself how long you would want to go to work knowing people were even joking about wagering on how long you'd be on the job. It isn't a good work atmosphere when that happens.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be one more person airing a pet peeve on these boards.

I'll see you guys this week and then on the other side once I land.

Thanks for the thread and the well-wishes. They truly are appreciated, probably more than you know.

Dave

Dave, it is because of your sharing here that I have already taken more time to get to know how to support my DE, to understand his job better (as in what not to go to him with :)), and to be very conscious of thanking of him and the SE and other professionals as I meet them. I personally value you--and will say so here--because you have provided an understanding of the pros that I didn't have and probably wouldn't have from anyone else. For that I thank you--and most likely so would my DE if he knew that you're the reason I finally stopped bugging him :)(This message has been edited by Laurie)

Eammon,

I am in a position to help Dave unload, and just sent him a message offering to do so. Although he isn't going to be in the same Council as I am in, he'll be about 15 minutes away. I am looking forward to getting together with him and meeting him in person. I also hope I can be of some help finding his way around. Cleveland's a pretty simple city to navigate in, so I'm sure an Eagle Scout won't have any problem. But I'd like to think I could still be of service.

KS, Dave is moving to the Greater Clevleland Council in Ohio. Sorry you missed the announcements in Dec. - Jan. What is interesting, though, is that, reading between the lines, it sounds like you're getting close to retiring. do I read you right? If so, congratulations!

Mark

I always liked Cleveland; did you hear about the new zoo there? They built a fence around Parma. Sorry 'bout the local humor. Lots to do there and beautiful country once you get out of the city proper. What the heck, there's Cracker Barrels there, which is more than I can say.

I've got a couple years left, then it'll be time to go.

KS

Where does one go in Clevleand for a fried egg sandwich on toast? They are getting hard to find and I will miss sitting at the lunch counter here, at the Park Inn - Overtrained knows of where I speak, as does CubsRgreat. Is there such a place, still, in Cleveland.

I know I'll miss the counter, the wait staff, and the egg sandwich.

City life is fine, but it is in the simple things I find pleasure.

DS

KS,

Not to worry! Anytime someone picks on the west side of Cleveland, it's fine with me! But be gentle about points east!

Dave,

Fried Egg sandwich, eh? I know my oldest son and I have spent plenty of quality time together making our own. Where to actually buy one? Not so sure I know the answer to that. But they are good!

PS, it's in the mail.

Mark