Hi, you guys have been so informational to me this week.  I was just wondering in the BOR for Eagle, or when the actual workbook write up goes to council, will they actually call all the companies that made donations towards the project?  Or do they just call the references that sent in letters of reference.

My son has asked some of our clients to donate, and just wondering if BSA will call on them for donations such as friends of scouting or just to make sure they actually did make a donation?  These companies would rather not be bothered, but they need to be listed, right?  Also, will they call all the box stores that my son received donations from.  Just wondering.

As we delve deeper, makes me nervous for my son to get all this stuff right.  He has asked his coach what he needs to write and the coach said "everything".  Well, that is going to be pretty much, but I am sure he will do a great job.

Thanks

How much follow-up depends on the volunteers at council, So I can only tell you what our people do.

They do not contact the donors in any way, either for the purposes of cross-checking or for soliciting in any way.

They do ask the boy to solicit closed references from the folks he's listed on his application and have them sent to the SM, who then arranges for them to be available for the BoR. As a policy, I never write closed references so when asked I give it directly to the person who asked it and they may read or forward along without reading as they wish.

It's an interesting question. Have your son call the district advancement chair and find out what he says. It would be interesting to know if your people are any different than mine..

Hi, you guys have been so informational to me this week.  I was just wondering in the BOR for Eagle, or when the actual workbook write up goes to council, will they actually call all the companies that made donations towards the project?  Or do they just call the references that sent in letters of reference.

My son has asked some of our clients to donate, and just wondering if BSA will call on them for donations such as friends of scouting or just to make sure they actually did make a donation?  These companies would rather not be bothered, but they need to be listed, right?  Also, will they call all the box stores that my son received donations from.  Just wondering.

As we delve deeper, makes me nervous for my son to get all this stuff right.  He has asked his coach what he needs to write and the coach said "everything".  Well, that is going to be pretty much, but I am sure he will do a great job.

Thanks

In terms of the references, it differs by Council.  Some councils expect the references to send in a letter, others will send out a letter for the reference to send to the Scoutmaster.  In terms of the donations, I doubt that will be checked up on, unless the Scout didn't do the fundraising part of the Eagle app.  I wouldn't be surprised if the DE didn't pull out the information about the sponsor to hit up later.  At least in my council, the workbook is looked at during the EBOR, not before.