Religious Emblem Presentations

All of our religious award presentations have been done during a mass or celebration sunday mornings at the Child's respected Church. Bascally the minister would do a blessing of the medal announce the boys name to the pashioners and there would be much rejoiceing.

FWIW, I think that the medal should be presented in the boy's church by his minister because that's the awarding organization.

Back in the day, we always had the medal presented at the church by the minister, usually on Scout Sunday. The minister would talk a bit about the hard work that the Scout put in, etc.

We'd then present the square knot at the next pack meeting and give a plug the religious emblems program.

Twocubdad, here's a link to a Cub Scout ceremony: www.praypub.org/scripts_cubsc.htm.

The site uses frames and the link will take you to a specific page on the site. To view the site properly just go to http://www.praypub.org and click on the button for "Recognitions/Emblems". Note they also have Boy Scout and Girl Scout presentations.(This message has been edited by ManyIrons)

Ditto. Nearly all of the religious emblems require the youth to meet or work with a cleric or representatve of some religious community, so there should already be some individual who can arrange the presentation. As stated, the religious emblems are the religious institutions' awards and so should be awarded by the institution if possible.

Just remember that it is up to the religious institution to determine how it will present the award. Don't attempt to plan a "scout mass" or "Cub service" or otherwise hijack the event. :) In most cases, I imagine that the community would welcome troop members as guests at their regular service, but you should check ahead and see if situations would require reserved seating, etc.

"The awards are being presented at a pack meeting at the boys request."

This must have been posted as I was typing. In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Nevermind."

I would still attempt to have a representative of the awarding institution present, however. I just seems appropriate to me, but perhaps the situation would dictate otherwise..(This message has been edited by Adrianvs)