Special recognition for Eagle Scout who started as Tiger Cub

[h=5]One of our Scouts just made Eagle, and it turns out he actually started out as a Tiger Cub and stuck to it all the way in our sister Pack and our Troop. It turns out we've had quite a few over the years.

I know there is no formal BSA Fidelity awards; However, have any of your units/Chartered Organizations formally recognized those Eagle Scouts who walked the trail from Tiger to Eagle? How?

Thanks in Advance[/h]

Eriel

Troop 685

San Juan, PR

Since I've been Scoutmaster (2 years), we've had one Scout earn the rank of Eagle and he, too, started as a Tiger on our affiliated Pack. He and he father, who started the Tiger group, made a photo album showing the Scout's progress from 1st grader to Eagle. They did a great job with that! Also, much like what Tample Turtle said, all of his Den Leaders and Cubmasters were in attendance and all said a few words about the Scout. It was very moving.

In my opinion, having these mentors say a few words is worth more than any kind of fidelity award, as you mentioned, Eriel. Just knowing that all those adults have memories of your Eagle Scout speak volumes.

LeCastor

Sometimes the Cubmaster attends and the Mom usually will display his (cute little) Tiger shirt and some pictures. I have seen this pattern as well. Not many Tigers become Eagles but a lot of Eagles started out as Tigers.
Second Tampa. I have see a shadow box made with the shirt and beltloops maybe the AOL arrow included. That said I think it is a Scouting value to pass the shirt on to needy scout families and make a display of just the badges. To each their own.

Some may find it a little over the top, but in most cases it is at least an 8 year journey. As long as it is not presented as the journey is over, I am good with it.

Encourage him to stay with Scouting now that he earned his Eagle.

As far as recognition goes, a shadowbox of his Scouting and Cub Scouting times. Other than that, a photo album would be pretty cool.

I lean to agreeing with Basmentdweller, the Scout's best reminders of his time in Scouting is in his character and his memories.

We have lots of these. So, I never thought about doing anything special ...

I would save the "fidelity" recognition for when the boy turns 18 (or, if he's gone on to venturing, 21). Any boy who sticks with the program all those years deserves at least a round of applause from his fellow scouts. If he did participate in the same CO for all of those years, it might be nice for the institutional head to send him a note thanking him for getting the most of the program.

For making Eagle as well? Give him a medal with a red, white, and blue ribbon.

100% of our Eagles have remained in the program ever since they joined. ;) Most, in fact, joined as Tigers, some Wolf. At least one Webelos. Frankly this is the norm, not the exception. I suppose you could present him with a 12-year service star.