Troop interaction with Pack, and "hook" to keep the cubs in scouting

The thing that gets me the most is when a troop leader who has a cub switches from their troop's feeder pack to our pack because our pack is "stronger" or because their troop's aligned pack is struggling. Then starts promoting their troop in our pack without any investing in our pack to make our pack better. Our pack has strong links to two troops and weaker ties to five troops. We don't need another troop promoting their program in our pack. IMHO, I'd rather see that family stay in his troop's feeder pack and try to make that pack better.

This has happened multiple times and it does get my goat.

Fred: I hear you. I think turn about is fair play. If your coming in and have a kid in the program and also the Troop and start talking that way, you need to provide support. Bring the Boyscouts over to run a meeting, event, put on a demo, provide a Den Chief....something.

The other point about helping the first Pack out is even more valid. Is that Pack so bad that a UC/DE needs to step-in or is it a case of "Dad" doesn't get his way? That I totally understand your point.

I think that we are on the same page about how the Pack/Troop relationship should work.

YIS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic