Partial Youth Uniforms

KDD your gonna have to show me exactly where it says in official literature full uniform or no uniform.......Another made up rule.

Uniforms are not required for scouting......They do a really nice dance on the official BSA page of trying to make it read like they are but never coming out and saying....Uniforms arerequired.

So if you have scouts that cannot afford a uniform....Call your District Executive.....There are moneys specifically donated by folks for uniforming those less fortunate.... Generally means a shirt...So don't expect a full uniform.

Yes it is in the tips section here is the cut and past from your link

"Here are some tips for wearing the uniform:

DO keep the uniform clean and in good repair. The official uniform is a sturdy, machine-washable garment that will last for years with proper care.

DO be sure to wear the complete uniform. A Cub Scout wearing a uniform with parts missing is not in uniform.

DO NOT wear non-BSA badges, awards, or insignia on the Cub Scout uniform or make any alterations to the uniform or insignia.

DO NOT mix uniform parts with non-uniform clothing, such as wearing a uniform cap with other clothing or wearing the uniform shirt with blue jeans. The uniform should be treated as a unitâ€â€worn in its entirety, or not at all."

KDD your gonna have to show me exactly where it says in official literature full uniform or no uniform.......Another made up rule.

Uniforms are not required for scouting......They do a really nice dance on the official BSA page of trying to make it read like they are but never coming out and saying....Uniforms arerequired.

So if you have scouts that cannot afford a uniform....Call your District Executive.....There are moneys specifically donated by folks for uniforming those less fortunate.... Generally means a shirt...So don't expect a full uniform.

I stand corrected. The tips section the Wearing the Uniform section.

Useless tips.

For Cubs, meh. I love my uniform and always did, but as a Cub I wasn't even aware they made uniform bottoms, and there was no money issue. On the Scouting level, sorry, I can't stand Scouts or Scouters in anything but a complete uniform. Units set their own uniform policies, so it's fine that they make that choice, but it gets under my skin when they're on a stage or in a parade or something.

But don't conflate that with being a jerk about it. In my unit, we've got a hand-me-down locker and the neighborhood is such that anyone can buy it outright anyway, so our boys are expected to be in full uniform. But, I would never go make an issue out of it with another unit, or chew a kid out over it in my own unit. My own father cited the uniform cost as one reason he quit scouts, so I would never make a big issue over it if a boy really couldn't afford it. I simply reserve the right to my own unspoken mental annoyance :)