Senior Patrol's Letter to Troop

This letter, while it may have merit in the troop, has no business being exhibited on a web site with many identifying characteristics. It looks like the Troop has issues, but they need to be worked on through the Distict and COuncil level, not through an internet forum (This message has been edited by a staff member.)

I'm surprised that you chose to edit/delete the entire letter. I found the letter to be very well composed. It reflected the thoughts of a very intelligent and seemingly sincere boy. In short, I was impressed.

eaglescout2004 - I encourage and applaud your efforts to persuade the adults overseeing your troop. You appear to have done a good job of analyzing the troop's failures and are presenting your concerns in a thoughtful way. Regardless of the outcome, don't become frustrated and disenchanted. Changing the mindset of those empowered to oversee a troop or any organization for that matter, can be a bit like fighting city hall. How this ends for the troop is anybodys guess. No matter, Im betting that you will have a very bright future.