Guest OldGreyEagle

Thats why I asked. I don't know if we will be camping, but certianly we could come down for the day. Actually if other Forum members would be willing, maybe we could have an East Coast Scouter.Com Jamboree (more or less) NJ? Laurie? All you east coasters ever want a reason to do Gettysburg? Plenty of trails, things to see.

April may be early for the Youth Campground, but plenty of private campgrounds abound. Maybe the new topic should be Meet the Pounder in April 2005

Any other takers?

I will start planning the campfire program now

I'll have to get my Mutinous Sea Dogs working on some Sea Shanties for the campfire. We've talked about bringing a projector to play the movie on the battlefield. Non-microwaveable popcorn, does anyone remember how? We want to do the 10 mile hike. We also want to hire one of the guides to take us on a 2-3 hour tour. I remember seeing a restaurant serving food from the period, hardtack and salt pork anyone?

Guest OldGreyEagle

If you can firm some dates, one of the dads in the troop has a father in law who is a battlefield guide (the father in law lives in Gettysburg) and has been quite helpful in the past with arranging things and talking to the scouts. I can see what if he would be available. I can tell you he held the group spellbound for 90 minutes last time he talked to the troop. COuld also arrange to have the York Councils Gettysburg patches there

BTW, its the anniersary of day 2 of the battle, who's winning?(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Day 2, The Texans and boys from Alabama attempt to flank the Union's left flank, by taking the little rocky hill. The fishermen and lumberjacks of the 20th Maine don't want to give up the little rocky hill.

A little early next year. I'm looking at March 28 - April 1st. Arrive on Monday and leave on Friday. So it would definately (did I spell that right?) before the opening of camping on the grounds. Yes, we'd love to have him guide. Do we get to hear a speech from the NE Region Venturing President? In return for one motivating speech, my Mutinous Sea Dogs will be honored to cook a breakfast burrito with extra chorizo and pour the prez an extra cup of our official Ship's coffee, "Foglifter". How can you top that?

Guest OldGreyEagle

During the week could present a challange, I take it this is during your schools Spring Break, I dont know if ours match up. Interesting enough, I beleive OutdoorThinker will be doing a Semester at George Washington University in the spring, so I cant speak for her, but I am sure she would be there if its possible

TP,

I have no recommendation on campgrounds but the local Y refered to in the camp literature for showers has an excellent swimming pool with a lifeguard available. When we went we rented the pool for an hour at $60.00 instead of paying $2.00 per scout for a shower. It was a little more $$$ but the pool was worth it. We still got showers.

They also have the largest hot tub spa I've ever seen, and it is restricted to adults. It felt like heaven after the 10 miler.

SA