About those eagle Scout parents

Bob58 put this thread in the Cub Scout category. My apologies to Bob if this is not what he intended, but it's a good question and we all have parents like this in our troops so I moved it to this category.

Stosh

So I finished reading the e-mail from a Star Scout Mom that started "**** has completed his six months of service its time to arrange for a Board of Review...." Third, she copied the whole troop, second, if I'm not mistaken there is the question of a Scoutmasters Conference, and FIRST... why isn't her son making this request! He is the Senior Patrol Leader, is suposed to set the weekly agenda and does routinely ask if anyone needs a SM confernce or BoR.

Mom insists loudly & often that "**** will be an Eagle like @@@@@@." (A much older & self-motivated family friend (?) who is now teaching after earning his Eagle and a BA & MA from Ivy league schools.)

I'm in favor of buying an extra pin giving it to the mom for the mom & letting the son...

Sorry, Any advice...

Yup, we've got a few of these folks too. Just let it roll right over you. She's making herself look like a fool just fine all by herself and if she's cc:ing the whole troop then all that does s guarantee that the whole troop knows it. By all means be polite, but don't schedule anything until the boy comes to you himself. And please, don't take it out on the kid. There are some people around here who do that because they don't care for the parents' approach and most of the time there is absolutely nothing the kid can do about that.

At the cub level it is actually harder to deal with because there at least, the parents are supposed to be a little more involved and hands on. So telling them to back off (however nicely) is more problematic.