Vision

I like the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. They have some good shows now and then. The other day I was watching this show about animal senses. It was really interesting. Did you know that a hawk can see a mouse on the ground from a mile away? And whales can talk to each other from hundreds of miles away! A dog can pick out dozens of individual smells at the same time. And of course, bats have sonar. Thats simply amazing. People cant do those things. We dont have super-senses like some animals. Our eyesight isnt as good as a hawks; our hearing doesn't compare to an elephants; and our sense of smell isnt as good as a dogs. Even our sense of touch isnt as good as a star-nosed mole.

But, did you know that humans have a sense that no other animal does? Think about that for a moment Humans have Vision. Im not talking about eyesight. Vision is the ability to see into the future - the ability to see something that hasnt happened yet but that you want to happen, and to then take action so that it becomes reality. But, just like eyesight, some people have better or worse Vision than others. Some people go thorough life, bumbling from one day to the next, letting life happen to them. Others have a clear Vision of what they want in life. What do you want? What is your Vision?

Think about it.

I can envision the end of Christmas as we now know it.

It began by throwing out the fat guy with the red suit and our obsession over gifts. We threw out our tree and the bulbs and all of the ornaments. We threw out our worry over Walmart's need to make their next billion this year. We threw out Frosty and Rudolf and all the reindeer. We disposed of all of the songs that relate to all of the junk that we just threw out.

We then began giving gifts to those in real need. We started to spread the word about peace and good will to all men, not just to those we personally know and like. We began to speak quietly and reverently about a King that is leading us out of our bondage of hatred and ignorance. We began to act out of love for one another rather than trying to be so much better than all the rest. We left off talking about it and we began to do it.

It is a truth embedded in the fabric of time and I know that it exists. I can see it. I know that you can too.