Beaver and the Cub Scouts

In an old thread, FOG says:I was watching "Leave it to Beaver" last night, it was the episode in which Wally joins the Boy Scouts. It appeared that the Scoutmaster was wearing a First Class badge. Also, when Beaver wanted to join, he was told that he was too young and would have to wait. I started yelling at the TV, "Why don't you tell him about Cub Scouts!" I might need a reality check.I haven't seen the episode, but according to Jerry Mathers' biography, the reason he won the part of "Beaver" is because he wore his Cub Scout uniform to his audition, and actually left the audition early to go to his den meeting!Unfortunately, Mathers never says another word about Scouting for the rest of the book. And in the show, apparently, the only mention of Scouting is the "Lonesome Beaver" episode in which Wally goes camping with his Boy Scout Troop, leaving Beaver behind.Does anyone know if Mathers finished Cub Scouts? Did he go on to join a Boy Scout troop? And was there any other mention of Scouting in the series beyond the "Lonesome Beaver" episode?

I can fill in some blanks...

Yes, the Beav went on to Webelos along with Larry Mondelo and Whitey Whitney. The den was kicked out of Mayfield Elementary School when Miss Canfield received a call from the local chapter of the ACLU. Being a real pearl of a mom, June took the den into her home where she and Gus, the fireman, traded off den leader duties. June did make the unfortunate mistake of asking Eddie Haskell to be a Den Chief. His playfulness eventually led the BSA to instutute its anti-hazing policies. Recovering from the trauma of Scout Haskell, the Beav crossed over into Wally's troop in May 1966. Lumpy Rutherford served as his Senior Patrol Leader until Fred was able to turn him into a paper eagle, whereupon he flew the coop. Along with Gilbert and Richard, the Beav was very disappointed when the troop merged out of existence with Ricky Nelson's troop. There was a giant schism between the philosphies of Ward and Ozzie, which could never be bridged.

Ed, thanks for the link. I was looking through the movie list and was trying to locate some info- seems like maybe 20 years ago or just under, there was going to be a movie about or involving a Scout troop that was numbered 999 and even had special, but fake, council strips for the movie that had been approved by National. Oh, how I wanted one of those CSP's! Does anyone recall this?