ADVENTURES at SEA!!!!

Why is it that the leaders of National BSA base are breaking the USCG laws. Not only now but according to the USCG Marine Inspector(MIami FL.) since 1996! Certainly blatent disreguard for Federal Marine Law should not be taught to children. Nor should these laws be broken simply for our money. Aside from the risk at which OUR children are placed in!! One would question there INTEGRITY....HONESTY...RESPECT... I think you know where I am going... And why is it that we are not being informed of this as we send our children off to NATIONAL SCOUT CAMP!!! Apparently our money, and not our opinion is their concern. What about our choice in the matter, these are our kids, their health and safety is now the responsibility of the National Councl????? According to the USCG offices (Wash. DC and Lt. CMDR at Miami Fl) it is NOW and has been illegal to carry more than 6 passsengers aboard an uninspected vessels!! let alone day trips but certainly for overnight passages without extra crew other than a Lic. Captain. If your planning a High Adventure At Sea.....Question this, and request USCG "confirmable"documentation authorizng such authority to operate "above the law", when all is said and done and the unfortunate happens.....you will be responsible and they......lets face it will hide behind the pen! Operations have been shut down once this year(but I am sure you were already told this...weren't you?)

Hey MarineLaw,

My Venture crew and I are heading down to the Florida Sea Base in a couple of weeks. I will let you know if there is anything to your fears. So far the personnel have been wonderful and responsive to me. They even sent me a video on what happens for the week to show to the parents. After viewing it they all seemed to be perfectly comfortable that safety was a top concern. I am not a very experienced sailor and I am not worried at all. I will update you when I get back.

Check the discussion and facts being discussed in the open discussion forum. Lets not forget when dealing with the Staff at the base you are dealing with salesmanship. Have you been presented with these facts at all by them? Might look into the USCG laws for safe commercial operation. Inquire with Sea Base as t

• 2 weeks later...