Incredibly humbling call-out

After listening to the language of the call-out speech for three years, and working with so many Arrowmen during Wood Badge, district events, and serving as a camp manager/program director, it was an amazing experience to personalize those words tonight at our district's camporee.

We were blessed with an incredible beautiful location, with a flaming arrow being launched from 200 feet away into the campfire, and our chapter chief's first call-out.

I was even more blessed when I was invited to follow (although I didn't have my flashlight on me and it was horribly dark, rocky and uphill for 3/4 mile!).

I never dreamed of this honor, and I hope I'm not the only one that felt that twinge of humility and honor when you hear why you've been elected and the faith people have in you. I'm excited also to be attending an Ordeal with two other wonderful ladies who have also been elected.

I just had to share, and hope I took the ceremony for what it meant to be.

Congratulations Jhankins, and well earned, I'm sure!

Just got back from a District Camporee, and while our callout was simpler (we're a small, small District with few OA resources), I believe that our Scouts elected, and Scouters selected, too felt -- as you so aptly put it -- "that twinge of humility and honor when you hear why you've been elected and the faith people have in you".

Many many comments from those called out that seemed to indicate in them a new turn on their trails as they spied new horizons not seen before . . . .