District fundraising event

In our council, as part of FOS, the district is required to do a district level fundraiser.

In the past this has usually been a golf outing.

It seems just about all the Non-Profits around here are doing a golf outing for fundraising and the district committee is trying to come up with something different.

Does your district do a district level fundraiser?

What do you do for this?

Any ideas?

I think our district offered "Derby Car races" for business, and other groups/sponsors. They could either "buy in" and build and race a car, or "sponsor" the event.

I think our district raised $10-12,000, but they really did not advert it to the general public.

We're not required to do a district fundraiser beyond FOS but this year we are. Our district is holding a half marathon (also includes a 5K and a half mile run for youth.) It isn't something the committee set out to do, we were approached about putting our name on it by a scouter that wanted to orginize the event. After talking about it for a couple of months we decided to go ahead with it.

Beyond that initial discussion I've had pretty much no involvment in it other than the updates at district meetings so I'm not really sure how it is going, guess we'll know this weekend, the event starts 8AM this Saturday.

We have a golf outing.

Bad thing is that most of the volunteers are either working. (It's on a Monday when the CCC is not open.)

The price tag at $175.00 a head is a little more than most of the local leaders want to spend.

This year I have booked an Irish band. A pal of mine owns a winery, so we are having a dance in a barn.

Some of the younger adult leaders also have the set up to DJ.

Tickets are $25.00.

The band is donating their time, as are the D's.

I own the barn and will provide nibbles.

We are getting a lot of the wine for nothing.

My hope is that we can get about 200 people.

Our cost per head will be a little under $5.00..

More than just the cash my hope is that everyone will come together and have a good time.

Ea.

No children and no uniforms!!