http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/19/jimmy-savile-child-abuse-ring

No organization, whether it be religous or secular, private or public. The Boy Scouts, the Youth Sports team or even a Media Outlet, is immune to child abusers and molesters.

In this case, a very famous British Broadcaster with the BBC- Jimmy Savile was abusing children for decades.

This is a worldwide problem.

How very sad.

While I was never a great fan of Jimmy Savile, he was very much a fixture on the BBC.

Not only as a DJ, but also for his "Jim Will Fix It!"Show. A show very often about making the dreams of kids come true.

I met him fairly often when I worked for the BBC. - He seemed to me to be a nice enough fellow.

Life would be so much easier if people who molested children had a dress code and were all really creepy looking characters.

What is really sad is that it looks like the BBC knew what he was doing but choose to turn a blind eye. This sadness is starting to sound all too familiar.

My heart goes out to all the people who were in any way harmed.

Ea.

It's difficult to put across just how shocking this case is to the British public.

Jimmy Saville himself was always seen as a classic British excentric and national treasure. His charity work was legendary, the tv show Jim'll fix it was iconic, (I wrote into it myself as a kid, desperate to drive a train, and the episode where a group of cub scouts had lunch on a rollercoaster is one of the most repeated bits of tv ever) everyone knew he was from age 8 to 80. His career was seemingly endless.

And now this. That someone so public was getting away with it for so long is truly chilling.

And then there is the BBC.

The BBC is probably the most trusted media organisation in the country. It has a specific remit to be politically neutral. It doesn't carry commercials (it is funded by a license fee). It is up there with the royal family in terms of respect and affection from the public.

And then to find that all this was going on its premises? Again chilling.

And of course there is the newsnight issue.

If you aren't aware of the full context of this Newsnight is a current affairs programme on the BBC. It appears that they were ready to run this story last year and then mysteriously dropped it. No one has yet come up with a reasonable reason as to why. Something here absolutely stinks and we MUST get to the bottom of it.