Yeah, when I heard Santorum say that I had to stifle my middle-school self from blurting out, "Save me the big pieces!". I half expected "gag a maggot" to come out somewhere else in that speech.

BS-87, I was hoping for space alien types, not real-life organisms but if that's what floats your boat, go for it with the Dems too! It's just that this year, at least, they're not providing us with so much low humor as the Republicans. So to the Republicans I say, Bravo! Encore!

Reptilians are a kind of space alien...

Consider yourselves awoken to the truth!

I apologize to anyone who has not yet figured how firmly my tongue's been planted in cheek.

I have often quoted the old phrase, "Becare what you wish for..."

Lets say the good sheriff is correct, and Obama is not eligible to be president, does thetitle of president pass to the Vice-President and did I just feel a quickening in the Force as millions of souls just cried out at once?

Lets defeat him in the elections, then again, is there time?

I always wondered what the motivation for making Biden VP was.

Turns out it's to make Reps and Dems alike pray that nothing ever removes Obama from office prematurely.

To insinuate any one of the four GOP candidates is less intelligent than Biden is completely disingenuous.

If you're going to argue intellectual capacity, I'll say Santorum may not be as intelligent as Obama, but that's it. The other three are leaps and bounds ahead of Obama, especially when it comes to adherence to a personal philosophy. Santorum does have a personal philosophy he adheres to, but I don't think "Men are awesome and burn the unbaptized" is a well thought out personal philosophy. Given that he's a dolt who acts in typical neo-con fashion, he's still better qualified to be President than Biden.

I'm beginning to think the best thing that might happen in the race now is this;

GOP keeps the House

Senate is split 50-50

Rand Paul is VP

Romney is POTUS

I say that's my optimist hopes because I know we'll never have a Libertarian House, Progressive Senate, and Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura Presidency...

"If you're going to argue intellectual capacity........The other three are leaps and bounds ahead of Obama, especially when it comes to adherence to a personal philosophy."

This statement is pretty questionable, especially in respect to the first part of it. Other than simply not liking President Obama, am not sure on what you base it. Guess it depends on your definition of "intellectual capacity". They are all double talk experts, but that does not make them more or less intelligent. Ron Paul is an actual doctor, so his educational background is deep, especially in that area; but some of his statements are almost Utopian it seems. While it would be wonderful to exist in a vacuum of isolationism, that is not a realistic expectation in today's world.

The candidates most fitting LisaBob's comment are now gone from the Republican circus. It is telling that the best candidate they had, in my opinion, was Huntsman; but he was too centrist for the current campaign apparently.

"It is telling that the best candidate they had, in my opinion, was Huntsman; but he was too centrist for the current campaign apparently."

And I tend to agree, he seemed very thoughtful...and not at all the sort of person we'd want as a Republican candidate.

More importantly, I've never seen his 'long form' either. Let's just see, h'mmm.....Huntsman - Yoda? or maybe urSu the Master?

Back to the comic opera of this topic:

Long Live Arpaio and his Posse! Republicans, please keep it coming!(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

I'm a conservative who hates judicial activism - as I'm sure are many other posters here.

Therefore, concerning the constitutional requirement to be a "natural born citizen" would disqualify Mitt Romney from consideration as President of the United States. William "Mitt" Romney was not a natural born citizen, he was born by caesarian section - not natural.

Heaven help us all.