Anyone know if Sully was a Scout?

Yah, like many of us, I've been a bit enchanted by the video and info comin' out of the US Airways Airbus that had to ditch in the Hudson River. Everybody able to walk away is a darn good landing. ;) Even more than that, it was impressive to see the seafaring pilots finish the job of the airline pilots with equal skill. That first ferry arrived and started rescue ops in just over three minutes from when the plane went down, and did a great job matching speed with an awkward, half-submerged drifting object in strong current.

We'll never know about most of 'em, but I'm willin' to bet that many of those fellow citizens - crew and ferry passengers and airline passengers alike - were Scouts. And even if they weren't, the whole lot deserve a Scout Salute for a job well done.

Beavah

Capt. Sully and his family live on the other side of town. His wife has spoken at our Kiwanis club about her work with guide dogs for the blind.

Once the dust all settles and life gets back to relatively normal, we'll hopefully have him speak as well. Of course, it goes without saying that he'll also get an invite to be in our 4th of July Parade, if he wishes.

If I get any info, I'll pass it along.(This message has been edited by AlFansome)

Exactly the same thought went through my mind as well. It'll be interesting to find out. I'm taking that same flight next Saturday, hope he's still on the job. Different plane though. I've never liked geese much.

About 10 years ago a plane I was on took a seagull on takeoff. Had to change planes after we did the emergency landing thing. Don't know what kind of seagull it was, though.

I wish they all could be California gulls.

Packsaddle...

OMG, OMG, OMG... I am laughing so hard I'm going into convulsions...

My 'handle' in the Troop is the 'Pun-inantor'... we have the Govinator out here in CA.

However, I now pass this title onto you.

I am humbled.

;-)