Hezbollah Marshals Scout Troops

OK I am sorry. I may have jumped to conclusions. Maybe I just need to read a little more history.

I had heard about the Islamic Jihad claiming responsibility for the attack, but I had not heard about Hezbolah. I am now a little more educated.

Yah, Aquila, many if not most countries have multiple scout associations, unlike da U.S. where BSA has a government-granted monopoly.

WOSM only wants to deal with one representative entity per country (so they're not referreeing internal squabbles between competing associations), so what happens is a "federation" is created, with representatives from each of the scouting associations in the country. The WOSM member is the federation, but all of the individual scout associations are part of da federation (and therefore part of WOSM).

Da NYT reporter is a typical reporter, eh? Gets some facts right but doesn't understand how things really work. So there is no direct affiliation between any individual association in a country like Lebanon and the international body. The affiliation is indirect, through the national scout federation. With 28 different scout associations, Lebanon is pretty "diverse", eh? :p

A Mahdi scout would presumably still be eligible for world jambo participation. I note from their website that they participate in Jamboree On The Air and Jamboree On The Internet.

Beavah