That all would actually follow the Webelos advancement guidelines per the Webelos handbook which states tenure for AOL is 6 months after 10th Birthday or 6 months after completion of 4th grade. Stop penalizing boys that are a real go getters and work hard to complete 8 activity pins successfully and meet all the requirements in a year and a half. By dong they work they have proved they are ready for boy scouts. This is one reason so many stop and drop out. As a former Cubmaster I've seen this happen many times in the past 3 years. They are getting bored.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: "SMT376Richmond - That all would actually follow the Webelos advancement guidelines per the Webelos handbook which states tenure for AOL is 6 months after 10th Birthday or 6 months after completion of 4th grade. Stop penalizing boys that are a real go getters and work hard to complete 8 activity pins successfully and meet all the requirements in a year and a half. By dong they work they have proved they are ready for boy scouts. This is one reason so many stop and drop out. As a former Cubmaster I've seen this happen many times in the past 3 years. They are getting bored." unquote.

and

Quote" evmori - I would allow 2nd year Webelos to participate in Boy Scout camporees." unquote.

I'm lost here - "SMT376Richmond" are you saying WEBELOS are required to stay longer than 1.5 yrs?

"evmori" I'm truly sorry that your council has that rule - I don't understand how or WHY?! I look forward (granted sometimes with a grain of salt - but hey! they sure spice up the campout) to having WEBELOS with us during a camporee.