Pro American parts of the Country.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now just in case the moderators are thinking about me in less than generous terms right now, while I'm fine with letting this 'dialogue' continue on its own 'merits', it is clear that decorum is pretty much gone. If everyone will just stop responding, this thread will die of its own accord. My grandmother liked to say, "The more you stir a turd, the more it stinks." This sort of applies just now.

Alternatively, someone could revive it by actually discussing the topic.

Interestingly, I wondered the same thing for many years but never asked her before she died. In my child's minds eye, I always envisioned what she was talking about as more of a pasture-type meadow muffin rather than actual food. ;)

But I really DO love grits. I could (and have on many occasions) eat nothing but grits for breakfast. They go great with pan-fried fish or pan-fried fish roe - for any meal (and for all of them, for that matter, YUM). It must be time for lunch, I am getting some serious hunger pangs. When I first met my wife (a Yankee) I sent her a bag of grits and a note that said, "love me, love my grits". She knew what she was getting into.:)

Pack,

Those poor yankees, they just don't know how to appreciate a good nutritious starch. Most of them I have met and worked with over the years had no idea what gravy is and are shocked that you would put a starch on a starch...... gravy on potatos. Go figure? I nevah trusted dose folks wit da funny accent anyway, eh. ;)