That is the name of the new movie out from the Kendrick brothers, who also made Facing the Giants. My wife and I saw it yesterday, and both loved it. Kirk Cameron plays a captain in the Albany, GA Fire Department, whose marriage is falling apart. He can save lives from burning buildings, but he can't save his marriage.

The movie doesn't provide any Academy Award performances from its volunteer cast, but it does provide an Academy Award message and emotions. This is a great date movie. If you haven't been on a date lately with your spouse, make a movie date to see this movie.

Great movie, loved it. Very Positive, some parts are little painful, but this is from being the jerk that the husband is and relating uncomfortably and seeing the same mistakes I have made up on the screen.

But there is redemption and reconcilation, I walked out feeling better and wanting to be a better husband.

Brent,

Thanks for the heads up on the movie, Fireproof. My husband and I are always on the lookout for family friendly movies. We recently watched Facing the Giants for the first time, and it touched all of us. Sure, the acting wasn't polished, but the message certainly was. Both my boys, ages 12 and 15 enjoyed the movie and talked about its message long after we watched it.

Saw American Carol....loved it but the language was a bit rough. As far as Religilous, never was impressed by Maher and his "sense of humour". It is not so much that I am thin-skinned but if your only aim is to offend all people of faith, why bother? I can be insulted by most tv shows with more creativity and better plots.

"Bill pokes at Scientologists, Mormons, Catholics, Muslims, Jews, everybody. He's an equal opportunity offender."

Exactly. Why would I want to spend my good money to go get offended? I'd much rather go see something with a positive message. But that's just me.

funscout - the acting is much better in Fireproof, along with the filming, editing, etc. The Kendrick brothers are quickly getting up the learning curve on making good movies.

Also, if you haven't seen "The Ultimate Gift" yet, be sure to check it out (on DVD now). Fantastic movie! Everyone in our family loves this one!

Saw the movie "American Carol" was a little let down, some of it was hilarous, but it was kind of uneven. Some very funny, some not so funny. The scene with George Washington and his seat at the church almost had me crying (sad, not funny).

Overall I would give it a C, the terrorist scene with the bicycle was great.