Scouts' forest chapel torn down after 70 years because it might offend non-Christians

ASM915, I know your suggestion is meant in good faith and that you would genuinely want to be inclusive of all scouts. However, my point is that by trying to enumerate multiple religions, some are inevitably going to be left out. Whether through oversight or intentional exclusion. For example, my guess is that the attempt at a Scout camp would almot certainly exclude the pentagram. This would be an ironic slap to practioners of Wicca and other Earth Religions.

It is impossible to list - or include a symbol of - all religions. There are just too many. The best solution would be as Semper says, BYORS - Bring Your Own Religious Symbol to the chapel. IMHO.

This is sad. In trying to please ALL minorities, the majority ends up losing out.

Although I like the idea of adding other religious symbols, instead of demolishing the whole chapel, Trevorum is right that there will always be SOMEBODY out there who feels left out.

It's odd, that I would never expect another country to cater to my religion, if I would happen to move to a non-Christian country. I would, of course, not want to be persecuted, but I certainly wouldn't expect muslim countries, for instance, to add Christian symbols to make me happy.

I fly a lot, and I go to a lot of hospitals in my work. Just about every airport I visit, well, the major ones, all have chapels and every hospital I visit has a chapel. These chapels are used by every faith and I dont know of anyone being insulted by any of their design, although I am sure it could/has/might happen.

If hospitals and airports can figure this out, cant the BSA?

Noting of course the destroyed chapel was in the UK