Unjust membership revocations

This CYA attitude is what may have led to this once-respected organization's downfall, Reminds me of the corporate culture of OCP from "Robocop" .

This attitude that everyone is guilty no matter what the courts say is ridiculous and even though this is a private organization they still should allow for due process , I believe that if a person is found responsible in a court of law then they should be removed from the program, but if there are only accusations and unfounded criminal investigations then the person should be allowed to resume their Scouting activities.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Respectfully disagree. Even though the IVF has been used against the BSA in the lawsuit, at the time it was one of the best protections for youth. There are cases in there where the parents refused to

This happened to me 4 years ago just as the COVID pandemic began. After being a member of the BSA for 39 years I was summarily dismissed based upon a false accusation of sexual misconduct  from a form

17 years later... Welcome to the forum @Smokediver! Sorry to hear this happened to you. BSA professionals are very much more worried about image than reality. This is why the head-

23 minutes ago, Smokediver said:

This CYA attitude is what may have led to this once-respected organization's downfall, Reminds me of the corporate culture of OCP from "Robocop" .

This attitude that everyone is guilty no matter what the courts say is ridiculous and even though this is a private organization they still should allow for due process , I believe that if a person is found responsible in a court of law then they should be removed from the program, but if there are only accusations and unfounded criminal investigations then the person should be allowed to resume their Scouting activities.

It is all about protecting the salary stream, my friend...  keep the trough in good shape so we can continue to feed.

See the numbers for yourself: https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/BSA-2020-Form-990.pdf

Section VII

And that is just for National... how many councils are there??

Edited by InquisitiveScouter
2 hours ago, Smokediver said:

Respectfully disagree. Even though the IVF has been used against the BSA in the lawsuit, at the time it was one of the best protections for youth. There are cases in there where the parents refused to prosecute the perpetrator, so it was never brought to court. One victim posted information about his perp where the records stated the parents did not want to have their children tesitify in a court martial.  Perp went to a psych hospital, and was medically discharged. Only the IVF prevented him from working for the BSA, as he applied to a job. 

NOW, if you are declared innocent, then I think you should be reinstated.

• Upvote 3