Of interest to ALL - on recent events.

"... if they serve any real-live children at all, it is far better than taking the resources and serving none. That's a no-brainer."

It is ludicrous to think that contributions to BSA serve no youth. What do you think BSA does with contributions if they don't serve youth?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FScouter, I'm confused.

I don't understand that you don't see the harm BSA ATL has done to other "Support" programs. UW takes private contributions and parcels them out to a wide variety of programs, many of which help Youth. That parceling out of funds is often why people give to UW - they feel they're helping everyone in one convenient effort. If we take money that doesn't rightly belong to us - that's stealing. If we steal money from UW, then other groups and agencies funded by UW share smaller pieces of the pie. We are not in a postion to judge their programs, that's what UW does.

I don't think we should blame UW for their $$ distribution system because some criminally minded Scouters apparently chose to abuse that process.

Another group that has been harmed that we haven't talked much about are the Professional Scouters who are doing the right thing. They're competing against these cheaters for raises, promotions, etc. Ignoring them is like thinking that rule-following athletes are not harmed by their steroid-using peers.

jd

FScouter- "BSA got the money and is using it to help kids."

OK, so what about other programs that got less because an unfair share was given to the BSA there? Money that could have helped the handicapped, the poor, medical research, etc.?

Also, the BSA got money they did not deserve, and are using for youth OTHER than the targetted group.

Isn't that a little like a family raising money to help Jerry's Kids, then using it for other budgetary issues?